Welcome to Pacific Eye Doctors!
We have improved our operations to keep you and our community healthy. These changes include:
- Online payment for everything.
- Online ordering for contact lenses & supplements.
- Phone ordering for supplements & replacement glasses.
- In the clinic, all staff are required to hand wash.
- In the exam lanes of the clinic, it is strongly recommended to wear a mask.
- All seating is set up for physical distancing.
- Touchless payment available.
- We regularly update & modify our health and safety plan.
Call (604) 463-7127 for an appointment or service.
PREPARE for your exam.
Updated April 10, 2023:
Masks are strongly recommended for all eye exams.
Check your extended medical coverage: If you plan on submitting your exam, glasses, or contact lenses to an extended medical plan, please be sure to look into your coverage details before your appointment. (Unfortunately, we are unable to check these ahead of time.)
**Please note, though our parking lot is reserved for patients and doctors only, there is still limited parking in the area due to construction**
On the day of your exam:
- Your PRETEST begins 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. Please arrive 15 min prior to your appointment time for PRETEST.
- If you’re unwell for ANY reason, we kindly request you reschedule your appointment. If you are experiencing any lingering respiratory symptoms, as you go to the exam room, you will need to wear a mask.
- There is a $20 charge for missed / late cancellation of your appointment. Please note we require 24hr notice for cancelled appointments.
- Bring all of the glasses you currently use.
- Please bring a list of your current medications, supplements and eye drops.
- Bring your contact lenses.
- Please bring your own mask.
- We can accommodate wheelchairs up to 31 inches wide. Please contact the clinic if you have any questions.
Very Important: You will be asked if you want these optional tests. We recommend that you decide NOW so you are prepared:
For Adults: In advocating the highest standard of eye care, we recommend the following two optional tests be included with your full adult exam:
- OCT Laser Scan – $45: In depth cross section of the most valuable aspect of your eye, the macula. It uses 53,000 scans per second to allow us to investigate individual retinal layers for early detection of macular degeneration, macular holes, diabetic retinopathy, membranes and glaucoma.
- Recommended routinely
- Visual Field Screening – $18: This test answers the question of whether there are areas of your vision that are not as sensitive as it is for others in your age demographic. This is valuable in the early detection of many diseases such as glaucoma, brain tumors, and optic nerve disease.
- Recommended: routinely
For Kids: In advocating for the highest standard of eye care for your child, we recommend Ultra-Wide Field Retinal Imaging (after age 5) and Visual Field Screening (after age 8) be included with their exam.
- Ultra-wide Field Retinal Image – $20: This photo becomes a permanent record of your child’s current eye condition. Over the years, changes can be detected as we reference this baseline image. This technology was actually created by a father whose young son had a peripheral retinal tear and detachment.
- Recommended: Begin age 5 once as a baseline, then every few years
- Visual Field Screening – $18: This maps the peripheral field of vision of each eye. Are there areas of your child’s vision that are not as sensitive compared to others in the same age demographic? This is valuable in the early detection of many diseases such as glaucoma, brain tumors, and optic nerve disease.
- Recommended: Earliest testing at age 8, then every few years
Myopia Management is a hot topic in children’s eye health. Our doctors can now reduce the progression of myopia with special types of corrective glasses, contact lenses, and/or eye drops. Ask the doctor for more information and visit https://mykidsvision.org/
We look forward to your upcoming visit.
Your Team at Pacific Eye Doctors