Welcome to Pacific Eye Doctors!
We have improved our operations to keep you and our community healthy. These changes include:
- Online payment for everything.
- Online ordering for contact lenses & supplements.
- Phone ordering for supplements & replacement glasses.
- In the clinic, all staff are required to hand wash, hand sanitize, wear a mask.
- In the exam lanes of the clinic, all patients (including anyone accompanying the patient) must wear masks.
- All seating is set up for physical distancing.
- Touchless payment available.
- We regularly update & modify our health and safety plan as new provincial health orders are released.
Call (604) 463-7127 for an appointment or service.
PREPARE for your exam.
Updated May 6, 2022:
Masks are required for all eye exams and testing areas in the clinic. Masks are recommended in all other areas of the clinic.
Check your extended medical coverage: If you plan on submitting your exam, glasses, or contact lenses to an extended medical plan, please be sure to look into your coverage details before your appointment. (Unfortunately, we are unable to check these ahead of time.)
**Please note there is limited parking in the area due to construction**
On the day of your exam:
- Your PRETEST begins 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. Please arrive 15 min prior to your appointment time for PRETEST.
- Bring all of the glasses you currently use.
- Please bring a list of your current medications.
- Bring your contact lenses.
- Please bring your own mask to be worn at all times while in the exam lane areas of the clinic. (Includes anyone accompanying the patient)
Very Important: You will be asked if you want these optional tests. We recommend that you decide NOW so you are prepared:
For Adults: In advocating the highest standard of eye care, we recommend the following two optional tests be included with your full adult exam:
- OCT Laser Scan – $44: In depth cross section of the most valuable aspect of your eye, the macula. It uses 53,000 scans per second to allow us to investigate individual retinal layers for early detection of macular degeneration, macular holes, diabetic retinopathy, membranes and glaucoma.
- First time visit to serve as a baseline
- If you have concerns of macular degeneration, glaucoma, or visual distortion
- > age 60: every 2 years
- Those with macular issues: every year
- Visual Field Screening – $17: This test answers the question of whether there are areas of your vision that are not as sensitive as it is for others in your age demographic. This is valuable in the early detection of many diseases such as glaucoma, brain tumors, and optic nerve disease.
- First visit as a baseline
- >= age 60: every 2 years
- For specific concerns, e.g. concussion, unusual headaches, & neurological symptoms
Would you like the OCT and/or Visual Field Screening included in your Adult Exam?
For Kids: In advocating for the highest standard of eye care for your child, we recommend Ultra-Wide Field Retinal Imaging (after age 5) and Visual Field Screening (after age 8) be included with their exam.
- Ultra-wide Field Retinal Image – $20: This photo becomes a permanent record of your child’s current eye condition. Over the years, changes can be detected as we reference this baseline image. This technology was actually created by a father whose young son had a peripheral retinal tear and detachment.
- Begin age 5 once as a baseline
- Then every few years, especially after head or eye trauma
- Visual Field Screening – $17: This maps the peripheral field of vision of each eye. Are there areas of your child’s vision that are not as sensitive compared to others in the same age demographic? This is valuable in the early detection of many diseases such as glaucoma, brain tumors, and optic nerve disease.
- Earliest testing at age 8
- For specific concerns, e.g. concussion, unusual headaches, &
- neurological symptoms
Would you like the Ultra-wide Retinal Image and/or Visual Field Screening included in your Child’s Exam?
We look forward to your upcoming visit.
Your Team at Pacific Eye Doctors