Pacific Eye Doctors ReOpening & Offering Appointments! Call 604-463-7127
We have made Pacific Eye Doctors a “Clean Zone” and clinic entry is limited
to those free of illness symptoms and who have not had recent unprotected contact with a suspected COVID case.
When you come to the clinic call us from the parking lot and we will
begin your service there. Bring your own mask and nothing extra (1 purse allowed), and no one else. You will hand wash upon entry.
Normally we enjoy chatting with our patients and catching up on their
lives. Unfortunately, during the COVID pandemic, there will be less of
that. Our focus is to serve you efficiently, and safely, and then have you
on your way. We will strive to do as much as possible over the phone prior
to your arrival so your time in the clinic will be as brief as possible.
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- Call for an appointment.
- All patients must pass a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you require one caregiver.
- After you arrive at our parking lot you will check in for your appointment with a phone call from your car. Your exam will begin with you in your car. We will do as much as possible prior to your entry.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Come wearing your own mask. Those who forget can purchase one for $5..
- Staff will refrain from shaking hands with our patients.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Use our curbside pickup for your glasses and contact lense
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks and/or face-shields and hand washing after every patient encounter.
- Patient chairs in the optical and reception area are spaced out at least 6 feet apart.
- All pre-testing and examination areas are disinfected after each patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- We will regularly clean and disinfect touchpoints, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- We will limit the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- All reading material and toys have been removed from the waiting area.
- Touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.