We Perform Maple Ridge Eye Exams for:
- Children from infants on up: Our Maple Ridge eye exams for kids check much more than visual acuity. We will evaluate your child’s functional vision skills, including eye mobility, tracking, eye-hand coordination, and eye teaming, to ensure that all parts of the visual system are working properly. Regular pediatric eye exams are critical, because an undetected vision problem can interfere with learning and healthy development!
- Seniors: A number of eye diseases are associated with aging, such as cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. Most of the time, these diseases have no early symptoms. That is why we advise everyone over the age of 60 to visit for a thorough eye exam – even if you have no complaints.
- Athletes: Sports players have a unique set of visual requirements and concerns. Athletes need wide peripheral vision, protective eyewear, and comfortable vision correction that doesn’t block your view or cause eye irritation while out on the field. We will perform an eye exam to inspect that you have optimal sight for your preferred sport. Our optometrist will also fit you with the ideal sports eyewear to protect your eyes and give you an edge up on performance.
- The partially sighted: Low vision can make many normal tasks into a frustrating challenge. During your low vision eye exam in Maple Ridge, we will assess your remaining vision to help determine the most effective low vision aids and strategies. Our goal is to enhance your visual independence and restore quality of life.
- People with diabetes: Diabetes stressed the visual system, causing an increased risk of diabetic retinopathy and macular edema – serious conditions that can threaten your sight. If you have diabetes, we recommend annual eye exams. If we spot the signs of a problem, our eye doctors will begin treatment immediately, which goes far towards preventing irreversible vision loss.
- Contact Lens wearers: Contacts are a popular and safe type of corrective eyewear. However, they also pose an increased risk of eye infection, corneal abrasion, and irritating conditions like dry eye syndrome. It is important to visit for regular contact lens eye exams to maintain your ocular health. Sometimes a change in the type of lens or type of disinfectant is necessary.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Conditions
Ocular irritation can be caused by a variety of conditions, such as:
- Eye infection
- Dry eye syndrome
- Eye and eyelid inflammation
- Foreign body stuck in the eye
- Contact with a chemical substance
- Eye allergies
- Computer vision
All of the above eye conditions have uncomfortable or painful symptoms that usually interfere with clear and healthy vision. If you experience any eye irritation, please contact our office to book your Maple Ridge eye exam. We will administer a specialized examination to diagnose the source of your painful vision, prescribe medication and/or recommend the most helpful, lasting treatment.
Diagnosis, Monitoring and Co-management of Eye Disease
You need healthy eyes to see clearly. And to keep your eyes healthy, you need a dedicated team of expert eye doctors! Our qualified and caring optometrists in Maple Ridge will monitor your eyes closely to check for any signs of eye disease. Using cutting-edge technology and experienced skill, we will watch your ocular health to prevent vision loss and health complications. If you are diagnosed with cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, glaucoma, or macular degeneration, we will provide advanced co-management services in the comfort of our eye care clinic.
Our office is equipped with the latest technologies, so you benefit from precise eye exams in Maple Ridge. We use digital imagery, retinal cameras, and diagnostic tools such as OCT scans to identify eye disease before it causes any problems. This enables us to begin treatment as soon as possible.
Laser Eye Correction Co-management
Are you interested in having LASIK or another refractive surgery for vision correction? Our eye doctors offer full co-management services. We will meet with you to determine your candidacy, as well as perform your preoperative Maple Ridge eye exam in our office – there’s no need to travel back and forth to the surgical center or hospital. We will also refer you to a leading local eye surgeon who you can trust. After the procedure, you will return to our pleasant, convenient eye care clinic for your postoperative eye exam and follow-up needs.