We are a kid-friendly zone!
Thank you for trusting us to care for your child’s eyes
Eye exams are an important part of ensuring maximum visual efficiency in a child, so they can develop and learn to their full potential. Kids don't need to be able to read to have an eye exam with an optometrist. It is recommended that a child's first eye exam, done at age 6-9 months. If there are any obvious issues it should be done sooner.
Our eye doctors in Maple Ridge will strive to make your visit as pleasing as possible. It may help if you talk to your child about some of the following before their eye exam to increase their comfort and yours too!
- Seeing the eye doctor is fun. You get to look at cool pictures.
- The doctor might ask you to sit very still. Can you practice that?
- The doctor will use a big flashlight to look at you eyes and turn the lights off in the room. Can you turn the lights off in your room?
- If you need some help sitting still, or sitting in the dark, you can bring one small toy to hold.
- When you're all done, you'll get a little prize to take home.
- We are looking forward to seeing you!
- You can visit this fun site which prepares a child for their visit to our Maple Ridge eye doctor: click here