On the day of your exam, please bring with you:
- All the eyeglasses you use: near (including drugstore readers), far and sunglasses
- Come wearing your contact lenses. Bring the CL boxes and solution.
- A list of all the medications you use
- All the eyeglasses and sunglasses you don’t use and would like to donate to the missions.
- If you have insurance, prior to coming, check with them to see what coverage you have for exam fees and optical products such as eyeglasses and contacts.
- Plan to be here for up to an hour or more.
- Your pupils will be dilated if you are over 60, diabetic, a new patient, or if the doctor feels it is indicated. While you are legal to drive after dilation, (and most of our patients drive themselves home), you may choose to bring a driver, if you like.
- You may have partial coverage for an eye exam through MSP if you are under 19, over 65, have an eye disease, have a systemic disease like diabetes that can affect eye health, or have a very high spectacle prescription.
- Your extended medical card. Most extended medical plans also cover all or part of your exam and glasses / contact lenses.