*Prior to coming in, if you have extended medical insurance, check with them to see what coverage you have for exam fees and eyeglasses and contacts.
*Like most health care centres we are scent free for the benefit of our sensitive patients and staff.
On the day of your exam, please bring with you:
- All the eyeglasses you use: near (including drugstore readers), far and sunglasses
- Sunglasses for driving home
- Come wearing your glasses. Bring your CL boxes and solution.
- A list of all the current medications you use including eye drops.
- All the eyeglasses and sunglasses you don’t use and would like to donate.
- Your extended medical card. (Please check your coverage, it may cover part or all of your exam, glasses and contact lenses.)
What to expect on the day of your exam:
- Plan to be here for up to an hour or more.
- Your pupils will be dilated if you’re over age 59, diabetic, new to our clinic or if the doctor feels it’s indicated. (This blurs your near vision and makes light brighter. While you are legal to drive yourself home, and the far majority do, some patients prefer to bring a driver. Dr. Piotrowski prefers to dilate all her patients.)
- You may have partial coverage for an eye exam through BC Medical Services Plan if you are under 19, over 64, have an eye disease or have a systemic disease that can affect eye health.